Thursday 5 January 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1939 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- M Maharoof: Sri Lankan politician (d. 1997).
- Peter Stuychen: Dutch painter and art theorist, a designer and creator of computer art.
- Peter Struycken: Dutch artist, painter, art theorist and computer art maker.
- Bridget Parker: England, United Kingdom -- Equestrian 3 day event (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Amelia Earhart: American aviator declared dead after disappearance in 1937 (Born 1897).
- Felix Frankfurter is appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court. Frankfurter had been born in Vienna, Austria and immigrated to the U.S. with his family at age 12.
- Amelia Earhart is officially declared dead after her disappearance.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1939 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- They Say - Artie Shaw & His Orchestra
- You're A Sweet Little Headache - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Martha Tilton)
- Thanks for Everything - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 January 1939 and get them!