Saturday 5 January 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Shock, directed by Alfred Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1946!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1946 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- André Ceccarelli: French jazz drummer, known from collaborations with the likes of Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, Sting, and so forth.
- Diane Keaton: American actress whose professional stage debut was in "Hair," 1968.
- "Crazy Barret Diamond" Syd: Rocker (Pink Floyd).
- Tomohito: Prince Tomohito of Mikasa (d. 2012).
- Diane Keaton in Louisiana: USA; actress (Annie Hall, Little Drummer Girl).
- Kitty Cheatham: American singer (Born 1864).
- Show Boat opens at Ziegfeld Theater NYC for 417 performances
- The US resumes diplomatic relationships with Siam.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby - Symphony
- Buzz Me - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?