Thursday 5 January 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
All That Heaven Allows, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1956 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Chen Kenichi: Japanese-born chef.
- Gérard Berliner: French actor and composer who died on 13 October 2010 in Paris.
- Jo Lemaire: Belgian singer.
- Tim Macartney-Snape: Australian mountaineer.
- Frank-Walter Steinmeier: German academic and politician 14th Vice-Chancellor of Germany.
- Panama Jack: American restaurateur who opened his "Panama Jack's" in Eureka, CA on 2/28/1987. By late 1988 he was facing possible bankruptcy with $5,000 due in back taxes. (Outcome unknown)
- Elvis Presley records Heartbreak Hotel
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Johnnie Ray - Just Walkin' In The Rain
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock Around The Clock
- Frankie Vaughan - The Green Door
- Guy Mitchell - Singing The Blues
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Malcolm Vaughan - St Therese Of The Roses
- Frank Sinatra - Love And Marriage
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rip It Up
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock-A-Beatin' Boogie
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?