Saturday 5 January 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vincent Calloway and Kevin Hastings.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whirlybirds.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1957 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Vincent Calloway: Kentucky, United States -- Trumpet player (Midnight Star-No Parking).
- Kevin Hastings: Australian rugby player and trainer.
- Eisenhower asks Congress to send troops to the Mid East
- US President Dwight Eisenhower asks Congress to send troops to the Middle East.
- In a speech given to the United States Congress, President Dwight D. Eisenhower announces the establishment of what will later be called the Eisenhower Doctrine.
- Russell Endean becomes the first batsman to be dismissed for having ''handled the ball'' in test match cricket.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?