Sunday 5 January 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1958!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1958 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Monica Guerritore: Italian film, theatre and television actress.
- Nancy Delahunt: Canadian athlete.
- Ron Kittle: American baseball player and manager.
- Suzy Amis in Oklahoma City: Oklahoma, USA; actress (Blame it on Rio, Where the Heart Is).
- Suzy Amis: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma -- Actress (Blame it on Rio, Where the Heart is).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls Of Fire
- Lord Rockingham's XI - Hoots Mon
- Ma He's Making Eyes At Me - Johnny Otis & His Orchestra With Marie Adams
- Lonnie Donegan - Tom Dooley
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra Starring Warren Covington - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- My Special Angel - Malcolm Vaughan
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Frank Sinatra - All The Way / Chicago
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?