Friday 5 January 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Hello Goodbye by The Beatles.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1968!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1968 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- DJ Bobo: Swiss singer.
- Carrie Ann Inaba: American dancer and choreographer.
- Nicole Murphy: Reality Star.
- Carrie Inaba: Dancer.
- Irving Chapman: American vehicular homicide, killed several people with his car while driving drunk.
- Carl Evans: Actor (Guilding Light)
- DJ BoBo: Swiss singer-songwriter and producer
- Andrew Golota: Polish-American boxer
- Joé Juneau: Canadian ice hockey player and engineer
- Ricky Paull Goldin: American actor
- Joe Juneau in Pont-Rouge: QuTbec, Canada; NHL center (Washington Capitals).
- Felton Spencer: NBA center (Utah Jazz).
- Jean Zedlitz in Stockton: California, USA; LPGA golfer (1994 Children's Med-14th).
- Leila Meskhi in Tbilisi: Georgia; tennis star (1995 Hobart).
- Jean Murat: French actor who entered films in his mid-30s and played young leading men of French films between the two wars.
- Alexander Dubcek comes to power: ''Prague Spring'' begins in Czechoslovakia.
- Dr Benjamin Spock indicted for conspiring to violate draft law.
- Dubcek succeeds President Novotny as party leader of Czechoslovakia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- Smokey Robinson - I Second That Emotion
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- The Fantastic Johnny C - Boogaloo Down Broadway
- Joe Tex - Skinny Legs And All
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?