Sunday 5 January 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul McGillion and Kurt Barber.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Complete and Utter History of Britain.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1969 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Paul McGillion: Scottish actor.
- Kurt Barber: NFL defensive end (New York Jets).
- Derrick Ned: NFL fullback (New Orleans Saints).
- David Dixon: NFL guard (Minnesota Vikings).
- Marilyn Manson: American shock-rocker, rising to the top of the charts on a platform of drag, nudity, arson, drugs and Satanism.
- Heather Dubrow: Reality Star
- Maggie Flynn closes at ANTA Theater NYC after 82 performances
- USSR Venera 5 launched for 1st successful planet landing (Venus)
- Bollingen prize for poetry presented to John Berryman and Karl Shapiro.
- Members of the Royal Ulster Constabulary damage property and assault occupants in the Bogside in Derry, Northern Ireland. In response, residents erect barricades and establish Free Derry.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 January 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- The Temptations - Cloud Nine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
Top #10 songs in the UK
- The Scaffold - Lily The Pink
- Rolf Harris - Two Little Boys
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- Archies - Sugar Sugar
- Marmalade - Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da
- Kenny Rogers & The First Edition - Ruby Don't Take Your Love To Town
- Fleetwood Mac - Albatross
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me Yester-You Yesterday
- Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band - I'm The Urban Spaceman
- Blue Mink - Melting Pot
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?