Monday 5 January 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B.J. Thomas.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Angels and Demons, directed by Carlos Hugo Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1970!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1970 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
Famous Birthdays:05 January
- KPTS TV channel 8 in Hutchinson-Wichita, KS (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Soap Opera All My Children, premieres on ABC
- 23,000 Belgian mine workers strike.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Bobby Sherman - La La La (If I Had You)
- Tommy Roe - Jam Up Jelly Tight
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?