Friday 5 January 1979
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Too Much Heaven by Bee Gees.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1979!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1979 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Sarah Price: Miss Louisiana Teen-USA (1997).
- Ronnie O'Brien: Irish footballer.
- Masami Tanaka: Japanese swimmer.
- Kyle Calder: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Giuseppe Gibilisco: Italian pole vaulter.
- Blanca Soto: Soap Opera Actress
- Charles Mingus: American jazz musician, bandleader, composer, genius and legend who elevated bass into a solo melodic instrument.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Too Much Heaven
- Chic - Le Freak
- Billy Joel - My Life
- Barbra & Neil - You Don't Bring Me Flowers
- Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)
- Dr. Hook - Sharing The Night Together
- Village People - Y.M.C.A.
- Toto - Hold The Line
- Andy Gibb - (Our Love) Don't Throw It All Away
- Linda Ronstadt - Ooh Baby Baby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?