Monday 5 January 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 5 January 2009 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 January
- The new US embassy in Baghdad, Iraq, opens. The compound is one of the biggest and most expensive embassies the US has ever built, where about 1,200 staff will live and work.
- United States President-elect Barack Obama nominates Leon Panetta to be the Central Intelligence Agency's next Director. (CNN)
- Minnesota's State Canvassing Board certifies Democratic candidate Al Franken as the winner of the senatorial election recount. Republican Senator Norm Coleman, whose term officially expired January 3, intends to file a lawsuit challenging the decision. (Bloomberg)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?