Wednesday 5 July 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1911 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Hans Endress: German Nazi Hauptsturmführer (Captain) in the Waffen SS during World War II who was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross.
- Georges Pompidou: French politician, the Premier 1962-1968 under President De Gaulle.
- Endel Aruja: Estonian-Canadian physicist and academic (d. 2008).
- Haydn Bunton: Sr.
- Giorgio Olivier: Maltese lawyer and politician 7th Prime Minister of Malta (d. 1980).
- George J Stoney: Irish physicist, dies at 85.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - Mother Machree
- Steamboat Bill - Arthur Collins
- Tell Her I Love Her So - Reed Miller
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?