Thursday 5 July 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John McKay and Angelo Turconi.
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1923 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- John McKay: West Virginia, United States -- Football coach (USC, Tampa Bay, 5X Rose Bowl Champ).
- Angelo Turconi: Italian soccer/football player and team manager, he played for Pro Patria (1940-1942, 1945-1950, 1957-1958), Liguria (1942-1943), Varese (1944), Como (1950-1954), Palermo (1954-1955), Sanremese (1955-1957), and Borgomanero (1958-1959), and two games with the Italian national team in 1948.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 July 1923
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bambalina - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Coal Black Mammy - Al Jolson
- Dearest - Nora Bayes
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?