Friday 5 July 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
All This, and Heaven Too, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1940 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Bud Andrews: American radio host and producer (d. 2014).
- Chuck Close: American artist, painter, photographer.
- Karen Shepherd: (Rep-D-Utah).
- Diplomatic relations broken between Great Britain and Vichy government in France.
- World War II: the United Kingdom and the Vichy France government break off diplomatic relations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?