Thursday 5 July 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Silver Fleet, directed by Vernon Campbell Sewell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1945 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Michael Blake: American writer, the author of the book and screenplay for "Dances with Wolves," the winner of the Golden Globe Award on 1/19/1991 and the entry that swept the Academy Awards in early 1991.
- Curtis Blefary: baseball player (1965 American League rookie of year).
- Humberto Treviño: Mexican lawyer and politician Attorney General of Mexico.
- Humberto Benitez Trevino: Mexican politician and Attorney General of Mexico.
- Stein Ringen: Norwegian sociologist and political scientist.
- Dick Scoppettone: Rocker
- Jeffrey Kramer in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Ted Stein - Struck by Lightning).
- John Curtin: Australian journalist and politician 14th Prime Minister of Australia (d. 1945).
- Labour Party wins British parliamentary election
- American General Douglas MacArthur announces the liberation of the Philippines.
- World War II: liberation of the Philippines declared.
- Australian Prime Minister John Curtin dies of a heart attack at age 60.
- WWII: The Philippines are declared liberated.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Can't You Read Between the Lines? - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Tain't Me - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
- Chopin's Polonaise - Carmen Cavallaro & His Orchestra
- Sentimental Journey - Merry Macs
- Who Threw the Whiskey in the Well? - Lucky Millinder & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?