Wednesday 5 July 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Winchester '73, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1950 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Carlos Caszely: Chilean footballer.
- Huey Lewis: American singer ( and the News).
- Michael Monarch: American musician, a guitarist and original member of "Steppenwolf" along with John Kay, guitar, Rushton Moreve, bass, Goldy McJohn, organ and Jerry Edmonton, drums.
- Véronique Cayla: French head of cultural institutions.
- Gary Matthews: baseball player (1973 National League rookie of year).
- Private Kenneth Shadrick of West Virginia becomes first US fatality in Korean War.
- Zionism: the Knesset passes the Law of Return which grants all Jews the right to immigrate to Israel.
- Korean War: Task Force Smith : First clash between American and North Korean forces in the Battle of Osan.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tzena, Tzena, Tzena - Weavers (Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra)
- Mona Lisa - Victor Young & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cherry)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?