Thursday 5 July 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Strangers on a Train, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1951 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Geert Jan Hessing: Dutch rock drummer (Catapult).
- Keiko Fuji: Japanese singer and actress (d. 2013).
- Roger Wicker: American politician, junior senator of Mississippi.
- Goose Gossage: American baseball player.
- Dr William Shockley invents junction transistor (Murray Hill NJ)
- Junction transistor invention announced, Murray Hill, New Jersey, USA.
- William Shockley invents the junction transistor.
- William Shockley, John Bardeen, and Walter Brattain announce the invention of the junction transistor.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?