Monday 5 July 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Garden of Evil, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1954 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Jimmy Crespo: American guitarist and songwriter (Aerosmith and Stress).
- John Wright: New Zealand cricketer and coach.
- Leni Bjorklund: Swedish politician.
- Alfred Portale: American chef, author and restaurateur known as a pioneer in the New American cuisine movement.
- B-52A bomber made its maiden flight
- The BBC broadcasts its first television news bulletin.
- The Andhra Pradesh High Court is established.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?