Friday 5 July 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to This Guy's In Love With You by Herb Alpert.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Senso, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1968!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1968 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Nardwuar the Human Serviette: Canadian journalist, singer and keyboardist (The Evaporators).
- Molly Brock: Berkeley, California -- Rower (1996 Olympics).
- Nate Singleton: NFL wide receiver (SF 49ers).
- Michael Stuhlbarg: Movie Actor.
- Susan Wojcicki: Entrepreneur.
- Hedi Slimane: French photographer and fashion designer. From 2000 to 2007, he held the position of creative director for Dior Homme (the menswear line of Christian Dior). He is currently the creative director for Saint Laurent Paris.
- Ken Akamatsu: Japanese manga artist
- Kenji Ito: Japanese pianist and composer
- Nardwuar the Human Serviette: Canadian singer-songwriter and keyboard player (The Evaporators)
- Alex Zülle: Swiss cyclist
- Alex Zulle: Swiss cyclist
- Gianluca Genoni: Italian scuba-diver who set a world record of diving 121 meters without any breathing apparatus, 10/02/1998.
- Manifest of 1000 words published in Prague
- 82nd Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Rod Laver beats Tony Roche (63 64 62)
- John Lennon sells his psychedelic painted Rolls-Royce.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- Richard Harris - MacArthur Park
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Look Of Love
- Merrilee Rush - Angel Of The Morning
- Shorty Long - Here Comes The Judge
- Friend and Lover - Reach Out Of The Darkness
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?