Wednesday 5 July 1972
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Bays in Enrico and Tatsuhito Takaiwa.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Lean On Me by Bill Withers.
In UK Puppy Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Le Samouraï, directed by Jean-Pierre Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kikaida: Android of Justice.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1972!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1972 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Michael Bays in Enrico: California, USA; actor (Bronx Zoo, Days of Our Lives).
- Tatsuhito Takaiwa: Wrestler (NJPW).
- Gilles Lellouche: Movie Actor.
- Matthew Birir: Kenyan runner.
- Robert Esmie: Jamaica -- Canadian 4X100m runner (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Gary Shteyngart: American writer
- Pierre Messmer appointed French Premier
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Elton John - Rocket Man
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- America - I Need You
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?