Friday 5 July 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Rock The Boat by The Hues Corporation.
In UK The Streak by Ray Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Red Fern Grows, directed by Norman Tokar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1974!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1974 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Roberto Locatelli: Italian motorcycle racer.
- Márcio Amoroso: Brazilian footballer.
- Marcio Amoroso: Brazilian footballer.
- 81st Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Chris Evert beats Olga Morzova (60 64)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- George McCrae - Rock Your Baby
- Olivia Newton-John - If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
- Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- John Denver - Annie's Song
- Anne Murray - You Won't See Me
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - On And On
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?