Thursday 5 July 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tim Coly and Amelie Mauresmo.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Ring My Bell by Anita Ward.
In UK Are 'Friends' Electric by Tubeway Army was in the top 5 hits.
The Wanderers, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sapphire & Steel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Apple Trek or Monkey Magic.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1979!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1979 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Tim Coly: German rugby player.
- Amelie Mauresmo: French tennis player.
- Shane Filan: Irish singer and songwriter.
- Darine Hamze: Lebanese actress, one of the well known actresses in the Arab world credited for taking on diverse roles, and in different languages and countries.
- Amélie Mauresmo: French tennis pro, a two-time Grand-Slam title holder, she emerged on the world stage in 1999 at the Australian Open finals.
- Stiliyan Petrov: Bulgarian footballer and manager
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Donna Summer - Bad Girls
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- Earth, Wind and Fire - Boogie Wonderland
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Makin' It - David Naughton
- I Want You To Want Me (Live) - Cheap Trick
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?