Thursday 5 July 1990
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sooraj Pancholi and James O'Connor.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Step By Step by New Kids On The Block.
In UK Sacrifice / Healing Hands by Elton John was in the top 5 hits.
Die Hard 2, directed by Renny Harlin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Stand by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Set of Six.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crystalis or Dragon Crystal.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1990!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1990 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Sooraj Pancholi: Movie Actor.
- James O'Connor: Rugby Player.
- Abeba Aregawi: Ethiopian-Swedish runner.
- Mitch Snyder: homeless advocate, commits suicide at age 46 by hanging.
- Zina Garrison upsets Steffi Graf in Wimbeldon semi-finals.
- In Kenya, riots erupt against the Kenya African National Union's monopoly on power.
- President of Bulgaria Petar Mladenov resigns over charges he order tanks to disperse antigovernment protests in December 1989.
- Somali president Siad Barre's bodyguards massacre antigovernment demonstrators during a soccer match 65 people are killed, more than 300 seriously injured.
- July 7–8 ndash Martina Navratilova of the United States wins the 1990 Wimbledon Championships – Women's Singles and Stefan Edberg of Sweden wins the 1990 Wimbledon Championships – Men's Singles.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- New Kids On The Block - Step By Step
- Roxette - It Must Have Been Love
- Glenn Medeiros - She Ain't Worth It
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
- En Vogue - Hold On
- Phil Collins - Do You Remember?
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Be Your Shelter
- Billy Idol - Cradle Of Love
- Wilson Phillips - Hold On
- Johnny Gill - Rub You The Right Way
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?