Friday 5 June 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Secret Agent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 5 June 1936 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 June 1936 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
See other famous people born on 05 June
Barry Wilson: Deputy chief (British Defense Staff).
Edwin Lupberger: American executive and CEO of Entergy, a nuclear plant energy generating company.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1936?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Senator Patton Harrison -- June 1, 1936
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Dr. Joseph DeLee -- May 25, 1936
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Since its original publication in 1936, Gone With the Wind—winner of the Pulitzer Prize and one of the bestselling novels of all time—has been heralded by readers everywhere as The Great American Novel.Widely
Santayana's The Last Puritan, 1st Ed by George Santayana. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1936. First edition. 602 pages. Hardcover w/Jacket. Solid copy, moderate wear
Drums along the Mohawk, Walter D. Edmonds' masterpiece, is not only the best historical novel about upstate New York since James Fenimore Cooper, it was also number one on the bestseller list for two years, only yielding to the epic ...
Tell the world why 5 June 1936 is such a special date for you!