Saturday 5 June 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stanley Lunetta and Helene Cixous.
A Day at the Races, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1937!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1937 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Stanley Lunetta: Composer.
- Helene Cixous: French writer, poet.
- Hélène Cixous: French feminist writer, poet, playwright, philosopher, literary critic and rhetorician.
- Kari Simonsen: Norwegian actress of theatre, TV, and film.
- 69th Belmont: Charley Kurtsinger aboard War Admiral wins in 2:28.6
- Henry Ford initiates 32 hour work week
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?