Monday 5 June 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Finnegan and Luiz Pellegrini.
Days of Glory, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1944 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Chris Finnegan: British boxing champion, winner of a Gold Medal for boxing at the Mexico City Olympic Games, November 1968.
- Luiz Pellegrini: Brazilian writer, the author of a small biography about Madame Blavatsky.
- Tommie Smith: American Olympics athlete in field and track events, he won a Gold Medal medal in the 200m event at the 1968 games in Mexico City.
- Whitfield Diffie: American cryptographer and academic.
- Gillian Hills: Egyptian-English actress and singer.
- Riccardo Zandonai: Composer, dies at 61.
- 1st B-29 bombing raid; 1 plane lost due to engine failure
- 1st British gliders touched down on French soil for D-Day
- Allies march into Rome
- Field Marshal Rommel goes on vacation
- General Eisenhower decides invasion set for June 6
- King Victor Emmanuel abdicates the throne for his son Umberto
- First B-29 bombing raid; one plane lost due to engine failure.
- World War II: More than 1000 British bombers drop 5,000 tons of bombs on German gun batteries on the Normandy coast in preparation for D-Day.
- At 10:15nbspp.m. local time, the BBC transmits the second line of the Paul Verlaine poem to the French Resistance, indicating that the invasion of Europe is about to begin.
- The German navy's Enigma messages are decoded almost in real time.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?