Tuesday 5 June 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Klaus Wyborny and Don Reid in Virginia.
The Way Ahead, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1945!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1945 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Klaus Wyborny: Actor (Klammer auf Klammer Zu).
- Don Reid in Virginia: USA; country singer (Statler Bros - "Flowers on the Wall").
- Patrick Head: English F1 technical director and team co-owner (WilliamsF1).
- Chip Coulter: American baseball player, a swith hitting/right throwing second baseman who played six games with the St.Louis Cardinals in September and October 1968.
- John Carlos: Track star (1968 Olympics - Bronze Medalist); gave black power salute.
- André Lacroix: Canadian-American ice hockey player and coach
- Opera Peter Grimes of Benjamin Britten, premieres in London
- USA, UK, USSR, France declare supreme authority over Germany
- The European Advisory Committee announces the unconditional political capitulation of Germany. Control of the country is divided into four occupation zones, controlled by the United States, Great Britain, France, and the Soviet Union.
- The Allied Control Council, the military occupation governing body of Germany, formally takes power.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby (Xavier Cugat Orchestra) - You Belong To My Heart
- Dream (When You're Feeling Blue) - Frank Sinatra
- Johnnie Johnston - Laura
- Good, Good, Good (That's You-That's You) - Xavier Cugat & His Waldorf-Astoria Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?