Thursday 5 June 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Great Expectations, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1947 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Caroline Eliacheff: French psychoanalyst and psychiatrist.
- Jojon : Indonesian comedian and actor (d. 2014).
- Tom Evans: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Badfinger) (d. 1983).
- David Hare: Playwright (Strapless, Plenty, Wetherby, Fatale).
- Eric Molobi: South Africa -- Activist (ANC).
- Laurie Anderson: American experimental performance artist, composer and musician who plays violin and keyboards and sings in a variety of experimental music and art rock styles.
- Sec of State George C Marshall outlines Marshall Plan
- American Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs George Marshall announces the European Recovery Program, known as the Marshall Plan.
- Marshall Plan: In a speech at Harvard University, United States Secretary of State George Marshall calls for economic aid to war-torn Europe.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Red Silk Stockings and Green Perfume - Tony Pastor & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?