Saturday 5 June 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Dial M for Murder, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1954!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1954 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Dennis Blair: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Montreal Expos and San Diego Padres.
- Michael "Nicko" McBain: England, United Kingdom -- Hard rock drummer (Iron Maiden-Powerslave).
- Haluk Bilginer: Turkish actor.
- Simon Hopkinson: English chef and critic.
- Phil Neale: English cricketer coach and manager.
- Nancy Stafford: American model and actress
- Your Show Of Shows, last airs on NBC-TV
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Ecclesiae fastos
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?