Saturday 5 June 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael "Nicko" McBain and Dennis Blair.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Dial M for Murder, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1954!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1954 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Michael "Nicko" McBain: England, United Kingdom -- Hard rock drummer (Iron Maiden-Powerslave).
- Dennis Blair: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Montreal Expos and San Diego Padres.
- Haluk Bilginer: Turkish actor.
- Simon Hopkinson: English chef and critic.
- Phil Neale: English cricketer coach and manager.
- Nancy Stafford: American model and actress
- Your Show Of Shows, last airs on NBC-TV
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Ecclesiae fastos
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?