Wednesday 5 June 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Woodward and Clifton Daniel.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
20 Million Miles to Earth, directed by Nathan Juran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Date with the Angels.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1957 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Jim Woodward: Wilmington, Delaware -- Nike golfer (1994 Miss Gulf Coast-50th).
- Clifton Daniel: American noted family, one of four sons of journalist Clifton Daniel and his wife; writer Margaret Truman; grandson of U.S.
- Enrico Ruggeri: Italian popular singer, winner of the Sanremo Festival Award in 1987.
- Charles Nolan: American fashion designer (d. 2011).
- New York narcotics investigator, Dr Herbert Berger, urges AMA to investigate use of stimulating drugs by athletes.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 June 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?