Friday 5 June 1959
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Winans and Rafael Gil Brand.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Horse Soldiers, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1959!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1959 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Michael Winans: gospel singer (The Winans).
- Rafael Gil Brand: German/Spanish professional astrologer.
- Dirk Matheson: American writer, a journalist on the staff of People magazine for a decade before he quit to work on a screenplay.
- Terry McQueen: American noted family, the daughter of Steven McQueen and dancer Neile Adams.
- Robert Lloyd: English singer (The Nightingales The Prefects and The Minus 5).
- Werner Schildhauer: German runner
- Bob Dylan graduates Hibbing HS in Minnesota
- The first government of the State of Singapore is sworn in.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 June 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- The Impalas - Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home)
- Franck Pourcel's French Fiddles - Only You
- Dave Baby Cortez - The Happy Organ
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?