Friday 5 June 1959
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Horse Soldiers, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1959!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1959 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Rafael Gil Brand: German/Spanish professional astrologer.
- Michael Winans: gospel singer (The Winans).
- Robert Lloyd: English singer (The Nightingales The Prefects and The Minus 5).
- Werner Schildhauer: German runner.
- Terry McQueen: American noted family, the daughter of Steven McQueen and dancer Neile Adams.
- Dirk Matheson: American writer, a journalist on the staff of People magazine for a decade before he quit to work on a screenplay. He married his wife, Susan in January 1993.
- Bob Dylan graduates Hibbing HS in Minnesota
- The first government of the State of Singapore is sworn in.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Dave Baby Cortez - The Happy Organ
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- The Impalas - Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home)
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Franck Pourcel's French Fiddles - Only You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?