Monday 5 June 1961
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ramesh Krishnan and Teri Nunn.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Running Scared by Roy Orbison.
In UK Surrender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Parent Trap, directed by David Swift, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hancock.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1961!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1961 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Ramesh Krishnan: India -- Tennis star.
- Teri Nunn: California, United States -- Rock vocalist (Berlin-You Take my Breathe Away).
- Mary Kay Bergman: American voice actress (d. 1999).
- Ulla Janascheck: German astrologer and author, a collaborator of Hans-Hinrich Taeger for many years, working on the Taeger Archives.
- Anke Behmer: German heptathlete.
- Mary Bergman: American voice actress and singer (d. 1999)
- Anthony Burger: American singer and pianist (The Kingsmen Quartet) (d. 2006)
- Aldo Costa: Italian engineer
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 June 1961
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roy Orbison - Running Scared
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Shep and the Limelites - Daddy's Home
- The Shirelles - Mama Said
- Elvis Presley - I Feel So Bad
- Ben E. King - Stand By Me
- Pat Boone - Moody River
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Connie Francis - Breakin' In A Brand New Broken Heart
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?