Wednesday 5 June 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gerry McCann and Ed Vaizey.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Young Girl by Union Gap was in the top 5 hits.
Speedway, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Prisoner.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1968!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1968 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Gerry McCann: Scottish-born father, a physician who, with his physician wife Kate, was vacationing in Portugal when their daughter, Madeleine McCann, went missing on May 3, 2007.
- Ed Vaizey: English lawyer and politician Minister for Culture Communications and Creative Industries.
- 12:16AM PST-Sirhan Sirhan shoots Bobby Kennedy, who dies next day
- US Senator Robert F. Kennedy is shot by assassins in the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles, California. Five others are wounded. One shooter is identified as Sirhan Sirhan.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 June 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mony Mony
- Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
- Richard Harris - MacArthur Park
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Aretha Franklin - Think
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?