Saturday 5 June 1976
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Hangover by Diana Ross.
In UK Fernando by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
The Tenant, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1976!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1976 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Jack Ross: Scottish footballer.
- Ross Noble: English comedian.
- Sven Pieters: Dutch field and track champion, the holder of the Belgian record, which he improved at the Atlanta Olympics on 7/02/1996.
- Caterina Guzzanti: Italian actress and comedienne, the daughter of writer and politician Paolo and the younger sister of comics Sabina and Corrado Guzzanti.
- Joe Gatto: Comedian.
- Giannis Giannoulis: Canadian basketball player
- Torry Holt: American football player and sportscaster
- Aesop Rock: American rapper and producer (The Weathermen and Hail Mary Mallon)
- Kevin Faulk: American football player known as Kevin to his dad and the public but Troy to his mom. He was the top high school running back of the year in 1994, winning the seventh annual Bobby Dodd Award 1/24/1995 (a high school equivalent to the Heisman trophy). He chose to play pro ball with the LSU Fighting Tigers and their new head coach, Gerry Di Nardo.
- Bigfoot by Bro Smith hits #57
- 108th Belmont: Angel Cordero Jr aboard Bold Forbes wins in 2:29
- Teton Dam in Idaho burst causing $1 billion damage (14 die).
- The Teton Dam collapses in southeast Idaho in the U.S., killing 11 people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Love Hangover
- Wings - Silly Love Songs
- Silver Convention - Get Up And Boogie (That's Right)
- Dorothy Moore - Misty Blue
- Pratt and McClain - Happy Days
- Henry Gross - Shannon
- John Sebastian - Welcome Back
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Sara Smile
- Captain and Tennille - Shop Around
- The Rolling Stones - Fool To Cry
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?