Tuesday 5 June 1979
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love You Inside Out by Bee Gees.
In UK Sunday Girl by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
The Game of Death, directed by Robert Clouse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1979!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1979 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Fraser Watts: Scottish cricketer.
- Pete Wentz: American musician (Fall Out Boy).
- David Bisbal: Spanish singer.
- Ceaser Emanuel: Reality Star.
- Stefanos Kotsolis: Greek footballer.
- Pauline Offner: Zen Theravadin nun, dies at 53.
- Seychelles adopts constitution
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Love You Inside Out
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Peaches & Herb - Reunited
- Randy Vanwarmer - Just When I Needed You Most
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love
- Jacksons - Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?