Tuesday 5 June 2001
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ashlynn Chong .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Lady Marmalade by Christina Aguilera.
In UK Angel by Shaggy featuring Rayvon was in the top 5 hits.
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, directed by Simon West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while The Prayer of Jabez by Bruce Wilkinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Six Feet Under.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Europa Universalis or Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 2001!
Which were the important events of 5 June 2001 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Pedro Lain Entralgo: Spanish medical researcher and humanist (Born 1908).
- (to June 9) Houston, Texas is devastated by flooding when Tropical Storm Allison produces 36 inches (900 mm) of rain. Particularly hard hit are the downtown area and the Texas Medical Center, which loses years of research and data and thousands of lab animals. Twenty-two people die; damage exceeds US$5 billion.
- U.S. Senator Jim Jeffords leaves the Republican party, an act which changes control of the United States Senate from the Republican party to the Democratic party.
- The Harehills riots takes place in Harehills, Leeds, UK, after a questionable arrest of an Asian man for possession of an illegal car tax disc. Lasted until June 6th.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?