Thursday 5 June 2003
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to 21 Questions by 50 Cent.
In UK Ignition Remix by R Kelly was in the top 5 hits.
2 Fast 2 Furious, directed by John Singleton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Beach House by James Patterson, Peter de Jonge was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 2003!
Which were the important events of 5 June 2003 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- A severe heat wave across Pakistan and India reaches its peak, as temperatures exceed 50?C (122?F) in the region.
- German politician Jürgen Möllemann dies while parachuting.
- Computer virus Bugbear.b spreads worldwide on computer systems running Microsoft Windows by infecting email attachments.
- The United States agrees to dismantle its bases and withdraw American forces from positions they have occupied near the DMZ, which separates North and South Korea, for decades.
- Pope John Paul II marks his 100th foreign voyage in a trip to Croatia, where the pontiff is expected to meet with Serbian Orthodox Christians as a sign of goodwill between the centuries-long feuding sister churches.
- For the first time in more than two months, no new deaths were reported yesterday from SARS, the latest indication that the epidemic is subsiding, the World Health Organization said.
- A United Nations war crimes tribunal charges President Charles Taylor of Liberia with war crimes for masterminding atrocities in the Sierra Leone civil war.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?