Sunday 5 June 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Super 8, directed by J.J. Abrams, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Love Your Garden.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brink or Dance Dance Revolution X3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 5 June 2011 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 June
- Arab Spring: Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh travels to Saudi Arabia for treatment of an injury sustained during an attack on the presidential palace. Protesters celebrate his transfer of power to his Vice-President Abd al-Rab Mansur al-Hadi.
- Arab Spring
- 2011 Yemeni uprising:
- Two people are killed and fifteen injured in a hand grenade attack on a pro-opposition military facility in Sana'a, Yemen. (Sky News)
- Gunmen attack the Presidential palace in Taiz resulting in the death of four soldiers. (AP via Yahoo News)
- 2011 Syrian uprising: Residents in the city of Hama strike in memory of those killed in the pro-democracy protests. (AFP via Google News)
- 25 people are killed by security forces during a large demonstration in Jisr al-Shaghour, northwest Syria. (CNN)
- Pakistan terrorism:
- Six people are killed and 15 injured by an explosion at a bus stand in Matni, northern Pakistan. (CNN)
- A suicide bomber attacks a bakery in Nowshera, killing at least 18 people. (BBC)
- Israeli forces fire on pro-Palestinian protesters attempting to breach the Syrian-Israeli border in the Golan Heights on Naksa Day, marking the anniversary of the 1967 Six Day War Syrian sources claim that close to 20 people are killed and over 325 injured, while Israeli officials confirm at least 12 injures. (AP via Forbes)
- A NATO helicopter crashes in eastern Afghanistan resulting in at least two deaths, with the Taliban claiming to have shot it down. (Reuters)
- Nearly 30 people are injured in an explosion in the Kenyan capital Nairobi. (Reuters)
- Pope Benedict XVI celebrates Mass in the Croatian capital Zagreb. (Vatican Radio)
- Evacuations are ordered in town of Hamburg in the US state of Iowa as the Missouri River partially breaches levee banks. (CNN)
- At least one person is dead and 29 are injured after an underground fuel pipe explodes in Nairobi, Kenya. (AP via ''Atlanta Journal Constitution'')
- Hundreds of people in Vietnam take part in a rare demonstration against Chinese naval operations in disputed waters in the South China Sea. (''Philippine Inquirer'')
- Voters in Portugal go to the polls for the Portuguese legislative election after months of a caretaker government and financial problems that led to a request for an international bailout - the opposition Social Democrats led by Pedro Passos Coelho won. (''The Guardian'')
- Voters in the Republic of Macedonia go to the polls for parliamentary elections. (AFP via ''Manilla Bulletin'')
- Voters in Peru go to the polls for the second round of the Peruvian general election with Ollanta Humala claiming victory over Keiko Fujimori. (Reuters via Yahoo News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?