Tuesday 5 June 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
Inseparable, directed by Dayyan Eng, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 2012!
Which were the important events of 5 June 2012 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 June
- 6 ampndash The century's second and last solar transit of Venus occurs. The next pair are predicted to occur in 2117 and 2125.
- Shenzhou 9, a Chinese spacecraft carrying three Chinese astronauts, including the first-ever female one, docked manually with an orbiting module Tiangong 1, first time as the country, making them as the third country, after the United States and Russia, to successfully perform the mission.
- Lonesome George, the last known individual of the Pinta Island Tortoise subspecies, dies at a Galapagos National Park, thus making the subspecies extinct.ampref name=ampquotLonesome George's Deathampquotamp
- Azerbaijan accuses Armenia of shooting dead five of its soldiers on the border of those two countries, a day after three Armenians were killed. (BBC)
- Diamond Jubilee of Elizabeth II:
- In a special message to the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth, the Queen says she has been ampquottouched deeplyampquot by seeing so many people celebrating her Diamond Jubilee together. (BBC)
- Ministers are urged to investigate reports that unemployed people hired as unpaid stewards for the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant had to spend the night sleeping rough under London Bridge. (BBC)
- Starbucks Corporation is embroiled in controversy after asking its Irish customers if they are ampquotproud to be British.ampquot (''The Guardian'')
- Amidst growing diplomatic tensions between Romania and Hungary, ignoring an official request not to, the Speaker of the Hungarian Parliament undergoes a visit in Transylvania triggering protests from Romanian state dignitaries. (Politics.hu)
- The President of Russia, Vladimir Putin, begins a three-day visit to China. (Al Jazeera)
- Der Spiegel reports that Israel is arming submarines supplied by Germany with nuclear-tipped cruise missiles, provoking debate within Germany and internationally. (PRESS TV)
- Voters in the U.S. state of Wisconsin go to the polls for the gubernatorial and Wisconsin Senate recall election with incumbent governor Scott Walker retaining his office, and the Democrats control of the state Senate. (Madison.com)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?