Thursday 5 March 1931
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Dishonored, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1931!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1931 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Barry Tuckwell in Melbourne: Australia; horn player (London Symphony Orchestra 1955-68).
- Fred : French comics artist (artist name Fred, real name Frédéric Othon Théodore Aristidès) and comic book creator in the Franco-Belgian comics tradition.
- Jean-Paul Roussillon: French actor who appeared in 87 films and television shows between 1954 and 2008.
- Anthony Hedges: English composer and academic.
- Barry Tuckwell: Australian horn player and educator.
- Jean Gheerardyn: France sport Champion
- Fred Othon Aristides: French comics artist
- Anthony Headges: Composer
- Gandhi and British Viceroy Lord Irwin sign pact
- The British Viceroy of India, Governor-General Edward Frederick Lindley Wood and Mohandas Gandhi (Mahatma Gandhi) sign an agreement envisaging the release of political prisoners and allowing salt to be freely used by the poorest members of the population.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?