Thursday 5 March 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dean Stockwell in Hollywood and Dale Douglass in Wewoka.
Little Lord Fauntleroy, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1936!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1936 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Dean Stockwell in Hollywood: California, USA; actor (Quantum Leap, Blue Velvet).
- Dale Douglass in Wewoka: Oklahoma, USA; PGA golfer (1970 Phoenix Open).
- Dean Stockwell: American child actor, the son of stage actors who later became adult actor of film and TV.
- Claude Mantoulan: France sport Champion.
- Canaan Banana: Zimbabwean minister and politician 1st President of Zimbabwe (d. 2003).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?