Friday 5 March 1937
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stephen Fitz-Simon and Dan Burros.
Swing High, Swing Low, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1937!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1937 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Stephen Fitz-Simon: Entrepreneur.
- Dan Burros: American Jewish Nazi who committed suicide upon exposure by NY Times.
- Jean Orizet: French writer and editor.
- Lionel Salem: French quantum chemist.
- Olusegun Obasanjo: Nigerian general and politician 5th President of Nigeria.
- Sal Borgese: Italian actor
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?