Tuesday 5 March 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Baker's Wife, directed by Marcel Pagnol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1940 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Mary Rose Oakar: (Rep).
- Tom Butler: English bishop.
- Graham McRae: New Zealand racing driver.
- Sepp Piontek: German footballer and manager.
- Malcolm Hebden: English actor.
- Claude Lacaze: French rugby player, selected 33 times in international events between 1961 and 1969 to play as full back. Won 3 Five Nations Championships (1962, 1967 and 1968).
- Cai Yuanpei: Chinese philosopher academic and politician (d. 1940).
- Members of Soviet politburo sign an order for the execution of 25,700 Polish intelligentsia, including 14,700 Polish POWs, known also as the Katyn massacre.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?