Monday 5 March 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Randy Matson and Dave Bakenhaster.
The Picture of Dorian Gray, directed by Albert Lewin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1945!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1945 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Randy Matson: United States -- Shot putter (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Dave Bakenhaster: American baseball player, a pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Randi Matson: American Olympic athlete, a shot-putter he won a silver medal in 1964 and a gold in 1968 in track and field events.
- Chiaffredo Rora: Italian member of the Italian National Swimming Team, died with his entire team in an air disaster at Bremen, Germany on January 28, 1966 when the pilot overshot the runway.
- James Matson: Kilgore sports Champions.
- Lena Baker: American convicted murderer (Born 1901).
- Generals Eisenhower, Patton and Patch meet in Luneville
- US 7th Army Corps captures Cologne.
- US Ladies Figure Skating Championship won by Gretchen Merrill.
- Allies bombs The Hague, Netherlands.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Rum and Coca-cola - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra - More and More
- Sentimental Journey - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
- Rum and Coca-Cola - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?