Tuesday 5 March 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
To Each His Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1946 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Klaus Hagerup: Norwegian author, translator, screenwriter, actor, and director.
- Murray Head: English singer and actor, most recognised for his international hits: "Superstar" (Jesus-Christ Superstar), "Say it Ain't So" and "One Night in Bangkok".
- Richard Buntel: American business manager at St. Thomas of Villanova Parish in Wilmington, MA, a non-ministerial position with the R.C.
- Richard Bell: Canadian pianist (Full Tilt Boogie Band The Band Crowbar and Blackie and the Rodeo Kings) (d. 2007).
- Mem Fox: Australian author and academic.
- Michael Warren: American basketball player and actor
- Guerrino Boatto: Italian illustrator and painter
- Graham Hawkins: English former football player and manager
- Michael Warren in South Bend: Indiana, USA; actor (Bobby Hill - Hill Street Blues).
- Lova Moor: French strip-tease-dancer at the Crazy Horse Saloon. The famous club on the Avenue George V is a "must" to visit in Paris; the most beautiful girls in Europe are glorified by music and a light show. Lova married the owner of the club, Alain Bernardin, on 6/28/1985. On 9/15/1994, at about 2:30 AM, he committed suicide in his office with a shotgun, Paris.
- Rocky Bleier: American football player, one of the best running backs in football. Fresh out of Notre Dame, he was drafted for pro-ball by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1968; unfortunately, he was also drafted by the U.S. Army that November. He was wounded in Vietnam on 8/20/1969 with shrapnel in both legs from a grenade. When the rescue helicopter picked him up, it also carried Thomas Murphy, wounded in the same explosion. Through the long flight, Bleier held on to Murphy tightly so that he would not fall out.
- Hungarian Communists and Social Democrats co-found the Left Bloc.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Oh! What It Seemed To Be
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Atlanta G.A.
- Seems Like Old Times - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop - Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra
- Personality - Dinah Shore
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?