Wednesday 5 March 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eddie Hodges in Hattiesburg and Vivien Eteson.
Ivan the Terrible, Part I, directed by Sergei Eisenstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Small Fry Club.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1947 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Eddie Hodges in Hattiesburg: Mississippi, USA; actor/singer (High Hopes, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn).
- Vivien Eteson: British astrologer, author of a column "Astro Artistry" for FCA News.
- Jean Jouzel: French glaciologist and climatologist.
- John Kitzhaber: American politician and Oregon Senator, very active in improving health care and cost effectiveness.
- Kent Tekulve: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Pittsburgh Pirates (1974–1985), Philadelphia Phillies (1985–1988) and Cincinnati Reds (1989).
- Eddie Hodges: American actor and singer
- Clodagh Rodgers: Northern Irish singer and actress
- Tom Russell: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Alfredo Casella: Italian musician, a pianist, composer and orchestra conductor.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?