Wednesday 5 March 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Ivan the Terrible, Part I, directed by Sergei Eisenstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1947 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Eddie Hodges in Hattiesburg: Mississippi, USA; actor/singer (High Hopes, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn).
- Jean Jouzel: French glaciologist and climatologist.
- Kent Tekulve: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Pittsburgh Pirates (1974–1985), Philadelphia Phillies (1985–1988) and Cincinnati Reds (1989).
- Vivien Eteson: British astrologer, author of a column "Astro Artistry" for FCA News.
- Eddie Hodges: American actor and singer.
- Clodagh Rodgers: Northern Irish singer and actress
- Tom Russell: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- John Kitzhaber: American politician and Oregon Senator, very active in improving health care and cost effectiveness. In 1987 he voted to discontinue Medicaid funding for organ transplants and encouraged new mandates under the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1989.
- Alfredo Casella: Italian musician, a pianist, composer and orchestra conductor.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?