Thursday 5 March 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Valery Grigoriyevich Korzun and Russel D.
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
Lili, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Romper Room and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1953!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1953 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Valery Grigoriyevich Korzun: Russian Colonel / Cosmonaut (TM-24).
- Russel D: Feingold; American politician (Senator-Democrat-Wisconsin).
- Michael Sandel: American philosopher and educator.
- Tokyo Sexwale: South African businessman and politician 1st Premier of Gauteng.
- Katarina Frostenson: Swedish poet and writer.
- Richard Sanderson: English singer
- Sergey Sergeyevich Prokofiev: Composer, dies at 61.
- Herman J Mankiewicz: American screenwriter (Born 1897).
- Josef V Stalin: Soviet leader responsible for 11 million murders, dies at age 73.
- Sergei Prokofiev: Russian composer of marches, army songs, opera and symphonies, including, "War and Peace," "Cantata Seven," "They are Seven," the musical fairy tale, "Peter and the Wolf," the score for Eisenstein's film "Alexander Nevsky," the "Lt.
- Joseph Stalin: Russian politician, a Marxist by the age of 15.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?