Saturday 5 March 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
East of Eden, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1955!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1955 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Penn Jillette in Greenfield: Massachusetts, USA; magician (Penn and Teller - Penn and Teller are Dead).
- Penn Jillette: American magician and raconteur, the larger, louder member of Penn and Teller, a popular Las Vegas illusion and comedy act.
- Julien Dray: French politician.
- Georgios Papastamkos: Greek politician.
- Antanas Merkys: Lithuanian politician (Born 1888).
- WBBJ TV channel 7 in Jackson, TN (ABC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?