Tuesday 5 March 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas Hermanns and Joel Osteen.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Walk Like A Man by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Diamonds by Jet Harris & Tony Meehan was in the top 5 hits.
The Trial, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
On TV people were watching Schwäbische Geschichten.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1963!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1963 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Thomas Hermanns: German TV-presenter, director, and comedian.
- Joel Osteen: American evangelical, television preacher.
- Patsy Cline: American country-western singer, who helped to pave the way for other female singers to become an integral part of the formerly male-dominated country music industry.
- Cyril Smith: Actor (Adventures of Sir Lancelot), dies at 70.
- Cowboy Copas: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1963).
- Hawkshaw Hawkins: Huntington, West Virginia -- Country singer (Ozark Jubilee).
- Beatles record From Me to You andThank You Girl
- In Camden, Tennessee, country music superstar Patsy Cline (Virginia Patterson Hensley) is killed in a plane crash along with fellow performers Hawkshaw Hawkins, Cowboy Copas and Cline's manager and pilot Randy Hughes, while returning from a benefit performance in Kansas City, Kansas for country radio disc jockey quotCactusquot Jack Call.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Walk Like A Man
- Dion - Ruby Baby
- The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
- Paul and Paula - Hey Paula
- Bobby Darin - You're The Reason I'm Living
- Ruby and the Romantics - Our Day Will Come
- Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World
- The Rebels - Wild Weekend
- Johnny Mathis - What Will Mary Say
- The Rooftop Singers - Walk Right In
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?