Monday 5 March 1979
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor.
Starcrash, directed by Lewis Coates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1979!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1979 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Martin Axenrot: Swedish musician.
- Tang Gonghong: Chinese weightlifter.
- Lee Mears: English rugby union player.
- Vicente Ascone: Composer, dies at 81.
- Soviet probes Venera 11, Venera 12 and the American solar satellite Helios II all are hit by ''off the scale'' gamma rays leading to the discovery of soft gamma repeaters.
- America's Voyager 1 spacecraft has its closest approach to Jupiter, 172,000 miles.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- Bee Gees - Tragedy
- The Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes
- Village People - Y.M.C.A.
- Pointer Sisters - Fire
- Olivia Newton-John - A Little More Love
- Donna Summer - Heaven Knows
- Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing
- Peaches and Herb - Shake Your Groove Thing
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?