Thursday 5 March 1981
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Love A Rainy Night by Eddie Rabbitt.
In UK Vienna by Ultravox was in the top 5 hits.
The Dark Road, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1981!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1981 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Hanna Alström: Swedish actress.
- Barret Jackman: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Paul Martin: American ice hockey player.
- Shugo Oshinari: Japanese actor.
- Andreas Wiig: Norwegian snowboarder.
- Paul Horbiger: Actor (3rd Man), dies at 86.
- Bring Back Birdie opens at Martin Beck Theater NYC for 4 performances
- Ice Dance Championship at Hartford won by Jayne Torvill and C Dean (GRB)
- Ice Pairs Champ at Hartford won by Irina Vorobieva and I Lisovski (URS)
- US government grants Atlanta $1 million to search for black boy murderer
- The ZX81, a pioneering British home computer, is launched by Sinclair Research and would go on to sell over 1.5 million units around the world.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?